I wonder why to block the everything instead of trying to grow the culture for trust and reliability and ownership ? I wonder why this freaking Trend Micro's Office Scan to narrow down the accesses ?! I was ok with it untill when they locked access to my external devices which is really essential for me to back all my things up. After couple of google here is the solution I got to Unload(disable) or Uninstall Trend Micro Client where a prompt comes up for a password.
- Go to the ..\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client directory. Usually, it would be:
C:\Program files\Trend Micro\Officescan Client\
- Locate and open the Ofcscan.ini[this is the file where all the configuration setting for the OfficeScan client is stored ] file using any text editor. You may use notepad to edit.
- Find [INI_CLIENT_SECTION] section.
- Change the value of the Uninstall_Pwd to
- Change the value of the Unload_Pwd to
- Save and close the file.
- Right click on the Officescan client on your system tray then click on Unload Officescan
- Once it prompts you for the password type trendmicro as the password.
- If you can't save the Ofscan.ini file [windows 7] open the editor as administrator - right mouse on the editor program and click run as administrator.
- If Client_Allow_Uninstall / Client_Allow_Unload set to 0 make it 1.
- If UnloadProtect is set to 1 make it 0.