Sunday, November 13, 2011

Installing php driver for MongoDB

PHP      &   mongoDB


This is the post where I will configure php to work with mongoDB. On my previous post I have put the teps I followed to install mongoDB on my Ubuntu [TurnKey Linux] running on VirtualBox.
1.Run:
sudo pecl install mongo
2.Open your php.ini file and add to it:
extension=mongo.so
It is recommended to add this to the section with the other "extensions", but it will work from anywhere within the php.ini file.
3.Restart your web server (Apache, nginx, etc.) for the change to take effect.
Note:
pecl requires that pear be installed. For those using apt-get, you may need to run the following:
sudo apt-get install php5-dev php5-cli php-pear
However, you can download the source for the driver and can compile it manually :
shell> tar -xzvf mongo-1.2.6.tar.gz
shell> cd mongo-1.2.6
shell> phpize
shell> ./configure
shell> make
shell> make install
Check with the phpinfo

No comments:

Post a Comment